Mounting Place??

BookspanS

you have to whip out your drill. drill some holes in the pinch weld (measure accordingly...the bolts are already on the running boards), assemble the running boards, mark mounting holes, drill, then use self-tapping bolts to finish it off.

my advice...

cut out the aluminum verticals, and make your own steel ones. the aluminum on body sheetmetal causes corrosion, and also with the vertical part intact, you cannot wash your floorboards or up behind the bedsides. it WILL rust, and it will be very bad.

I got a swb 89 MJ with absolutely immactulate floors and inside of the bed, at 250k on the ticker, and the rockers and bedsides were GONE.

my best advice, sell the running boards on ebay. if you really want the steps, get tube sidesteps for it (they are still available but hard to find), because they won't interfere with maintenance and they won't cause near as much corrosion.

Sell them to a mall crawler, along with the nuts and bolts Then build a set of rock rails and WELD THEM to the frame. Now you can use them to cilmb in your rig.... :eek: :D

CW

Those things are butt fugly, on a mall crawler, on a low rider, on a trail rig, on any MJ. Got to agree w. the CW-man again - damn! :D The Al vs. steel bonding will create a corrosion problem as JeepCo mentioned; it's just not worth the aggravation. Sell them out on Ebay mate. Just MHO. :cheers: