lets talk seafoam

ive seen this come up so much recently i thought we could put all the info in one place

so i just put some in my mj and in a few min. ago. i am going to go drive around a bit ill take some pics of the smoke and maybe a video.

but just talk about how to use seafoam and what all yall have used it for :D

I love it, use it on all my vehicles, 2 or 3 ways to do it.

1. pour half through the throttle body and half in the tank, let it sit for 10 min and then start it up and drive around

2. you can suck it into the motor while running by pouring it into the brake booster hose, and through the vacuum lines.

3. If you buy deep creep it is sea foam in an aerosol form. It will foam up a bit and is good in the above applications with the motor running, as well as spray it into the vent lines and valve cover to clean out the vent towers.

did you ever get the video?

I actually just did this to mine, fed 1/3 of the can through the brake booster line, let it sit for 5 min or so and when I started it up there wasn't much smoke at all. Only a small puff, I drove it around and it seemed fine. But the idle was a lot smoother.

I removed the intake tube and ran it through there for 1/2 can with the truck on and engine WARM. then killed it by pouring the rest in fast.

ran a hell of alot better with more power too until just today when it wouldn't start. I suspect an unrelated issue.