Rear Axle Q

Hello I'm installing a 3 " aal soon and well i have this what appears to be a brake That connect to my axle And when i hit a bump or some thing it makes this lil rod actuate can any one tell me what this thing does, if i need it, And How to add a add a leaf

ITS YOUR REAR PROPORTIONING VALVE.

IT ADJUSTS HOW MUCH BRAKING YOUR REAR BRAKES GET BASED ON THE WEIGHT YOUR CARRING.

Sorry for yelling... :oops:

It has or should have nothing to do with your AAL install. Accept that you will need to make it longer in respect to your amount of lift.

Yes you could eliminate it. Do a search on the subject. Use EAGLE as a author. you will get PLENTY of info.

cw

Ok ill probably just make it longer Snip, tack , weld

Also the kit i bought said That thier is a E clip to extend the break lines The 3" and they gave me a new clip to do it i can't see mt o find the clip any clue were the E CLIP is :nuts:

Ok ill probably just make it longer Snip, tack , weld

Also the kit i bought said That thier is a E clip to extend the break lines The 3" and they gave me a new clip to do it i can't see mt o find the clip any clue were the E CLIP is :nuts:

Forget the clip. It's a piece of junk, and all it does is mount your 20-year old rear hose lower down rather than actually addressing the problem. The real solution is to buy a longer rear hose to run from the chassis to the axle. I think the one I used was for a '94 Wrangler, and others on this forum have posted (I think) that a Durango hose works. (Don't recall what year - sorry.)