Head liner removal Need Help.

it glued itself to the rear window. they installed those after the headliner at the factory.

first you need to make sure you took out the back trim, the B-pillar trim (where the seatbelts mount), seatbelts disconnected, and A-pillar trim with oh sh*t handle. after that's removed, there are two metal clips that hold the headliner to the sides. if you pry outwards and down on them, they should slide down. otherwise you can bend them down and just bend them up when you reinstall the headliner. there are also four velcro strips (2 front, 2 rear) holding it in that you will need to be careful removing.

I advise at least letting the headliner board soak with fiberglass resin and dry out before you try and glue new material to it. otherwise, the board (which is made of many, many layers of some fiber-stuff), will just peal and the fabric will fall again.

Johnnyc Not as lucky as you its stuck . JeepcoMJ Yea thats what I was thinking it got glued to rear window seal. When we tried to pull it loose fiberboard backing started to come appart.Maybe I could get a scrapper back there or trim it off? Thanks for the fiber glass idea, did you use just resin mixed with hardener or did you put some fiberglas cloth in between wet coats?

I layed cloth and then glassed it, BUT it's heavy as hell now and not so fun to install. just resin with hardener should keep it together...keep in mind though, that the backing board ABSORBS the resin so you'll likely use quite a bit.

and yea, a scraper is the way to go.

My 88 MJ had velcro holding it in the front in 2 places and in the center above the rear window. When I pulled mine for a sagging headliner, I took the cloth off, used scotchbrite to remove all the foam that was sticking to it and then I painted it to match my interior. Looks fine and I don't have to worry about it sagging anymore.

IDXJ painting it thats not a bad Idea My Son is an art student he could do a grafiti thing, jamminz.gif or some graphics,etc... jamminz.gif 8) The funny thing is we put up a sheet of cardboard across the headliner bent the ends to fit it up just to keep the cloth off his head and he thought it was cool cause now he could draw on it while waiting at a light. Hmmm another Idea is a local Rat Rod truck has car and truck magazine pictures glued and clear coated to inside roof.