aftermarket gauges

I like my autometers in the MJ. They ain't exactly cheap though. And to fit them to a somewhat factory appearance would take some work.

I seem to recall at some point seeing a thread where a guy had made a new instrument panel to mimic the stock one (probably not on this board). Was a lot of work as the stock peice has a printed circuit board on it that also has the turn signal indicators and a bunch of other jazz, including the warning lights and such to the left.

I figure on running them in a factory setup, by simply removing the messge center from the factory cluster and mounting it, then making a panel which will bolt in where the old gauges were, and I have a gauge pod on the A-pillar to house one more gauge. also will build a center console and can house gauges there too, or where the clock goes.

How many gauges do you need? I figure a tachometer, speedo, voltage, temp, oil pressure and fuel quantity is all that's needed? Which is all the factory stuff. I guess if you have an auto, you might want tranny temp. But what else could a guy need? Air pressure if you had OBA I guess, seems kinda unneeded though.

How many gauges do you need? I figure a tachometer, speedo, voltage, temp, oil pressure and fuel quantity is all that's needed? Which is all the factory stuff. I guess if you have an auto, you might want tranny temp. But what else could a guy need? Air pressure if you had OBA I guess, seems kinda unneeded though.

you got it. I have trans temp and OBA in the gauge pod but not hooked up just yet. want fuel gauge, engine temp., oil pressure, voltage, tack, speedo.