Our new family project, 65 stang

ifixit8

So I have been wanting a classic car to have some fun with for many years, and I found this great steel of a deal and bought it. It is a 1965 mustang v8, it is a true mustang because of the vin being a c-code and 5lug bolt pattern. It has had alot of work dune to it already. All I basically have to do is paint it, put the chrome back on, and maybe upgrade the brakes to power discs. I figured that this would be a good one to play with especially since it's my wifes dream car. we are thinking a dark gunmetal color.

I made a page for it last night on cardomain at

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3151715

I have the strongest feeling of deja vu right now.

so does the situation, or the car sound familiar?

Both, someone else a few weeks back made a post very similar to this. Anyone know who that was?

I thought that's what your are referring to, but I wasn't sure. I seem to remember the same thing and it seems that the title was nearly identical.

Both, someone else a few weeks back made a post very similar to this. Anyone know who that was?

So I guess someone else has the same idea, funny. at least he is done with his and is looking great!!! here is his thread.

http://comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9895&highlight=stang

So I guess someone else has the same idea, funny. at least he is done with his and is looking great!!! here is his thread.

http://comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9895&highlight=stang

no not that one, it was another "me and my wife" with an old rustang, seriously I thought it was the same post at first.

Got it...

It's the situation... ;)

You posted nearly the same thing back in April... Look Here :laughin: :cheers:

HA! I knew I wasn't reaching early senility!

I knew it seemed too familiar, for awhile there I was wondering if he posted this same post on another Jeep site a while back and thats where I was remembering it from.

We always called them a diamond in the rough! Mine wasn’t near as nice as yours when I first got it. Don’t sell it at all!!! Mine is long gone and I still get sick about it!!! I posted a pic of me and my 66 at a cruse in. damn I miss that car!!! :cry: good luck fix’n her up!!!

2863898384_d245ed5233.jpg

We always called them a diamond in the rough! Mine wasn’t near as nice as yours when I first got it. Don’t sell it at all!!! Mine is long gone and I still get sick about it!!! I posted a pic of me and my 66 at a cruse in. damn I miss that car!!! :cry: good luck fix’n her up!!!

I will deffinately keep this one. that is why I am trying to sell my truck and bike. I feel that it is a good one to stay with for a long time. Sorry to read that you sold yours. that was a nice looking one. I'm sure someday you will find one again. thanks for your comments.

"it is a true mustang because of the vin being a c-code and 5 lug bolt pattern"

So, does this mean my T code, 4 lug Mustang is a fake? For 8 years I've been driving a Camaro with the wrong name on it?

Someone did a LOT of weeeeird body work to this Camaro. Now I'm pissed....

"it is a true mustang because of the vin being a c-code and 5 lug bolt pattern"

So, does this mean my T code, 4 lug Mustang is a fake? For 8 years I've been driving a Camaro with the wrong name on it?

Someone did a LOT of weeeeird body work to this Camaro. Now I'm pissed....

lol, you cut out the important thing 1965 V8 C-CODE I pointed that out because alot of stangs out there have a v8 swapped into a 6cylinder car. good eye though.........

:) Enjoy that Mustang. I've had mine for 8 years now. Loved every minute of it. Taken it on two Power Tours, drive it all over the place. Going in for body work and paint ASAP.

There are several great Mustang forums out here. Mustangsandmore and Vintage Mustangs are two good ones. Be careful buying parts for it. There's a LOT of shoddy parts from China.

:) Enjoy that Mustang. I've had mine for 8 years now. Loved every minute of it. Taken it on two Power Tours, drive it all over the place. Going in for body work and paint ASAP.

There are several great Mustang forums out here. Mustangsandmore and Vintage Mustangs are two good ones. Be careful buying parts for it. There's a LOT of shoddy parts from China.

thanks for the tips. I think I am already a member of vintage mustangs. I with you on needing paint. mine is just in a primer state. That is why I need to sell my truck and bike. need the money to pay for paint or pay off the car. ;)