4x4 conversion is nearly done, but need help on ft. axle plz

sounds about right with labor and whatnot. seems like he is only charging for what? 4 hours? thats not too bad if you look at it realistically. personally id tackle it myself but thats me and i have a couple cars to drive so if it breaks then oh well.

Yea, that's what I was thinking. Plus, the truck is 1.5 hours away from me so I'd have to have it towed to me and then I'd have to spend the time to do it myself.

My only concern is if just replacing the U-Joints is smart, or is it better to do the whole shaft. Also, I think I'll have him replace the wheel bearings while he's at it.

I would have him replace the axle seals, and change the long side (passenger) over to a 1 piece. No more work per say. Definately replace the bearings if you question them.

:agree: and u joints are like $6 for a good one and it takes 15 minutes to put them in, id do it

you'd get a one piece axle from any cherokee/comanche 91 and newer.

in my opinion quit you just need to quit worryin about it. shim the fork over in the axle, replace the u-joints/seals and ride... axleshafts don't break because of old age. they break from abuse, you can break a brand new on if you hammer it right.

I would have him replace the axle seals, and change the long side (passenger) over to a 1 piece. No more work per say. Definately replace the bearings if you question them.

:agree: and u joints are like $6 for a good one and it takes 15 minutes to put them in, id do it

Where do you find these $6 u-joints? :huh???:

Willy

Precision extra strength or tough strength or some generic beefy name. They cost me $5 so for anyone who does not work at a garage they would be about $6. NAPA sells precision

I figured they had to be something like that. I'll stick with the quality Spicer joints.

Willy