Tube Doors anyone?

Has anyone pondered the idea of ditching the stock doors in place of tube doors? Both my windows don't work, the seals are completly shot, and I have 2 seperate keys for the doors. Now that I'm out of the snow I wouldn't feel as bad of potentially ripping off the doors and replacing them with some aftermarket tube doors. Any ideas/suggestions please?

I've searched the internet looking for aftermarket manufactors of tube doors any only came up with formatt's doors (this is assuming XJ front doors are identical to MJ doors):

tubedoors.jpg

Warrior Products makes tube doors also (more expensive but I like the latch they use, plus I've heard to stay away from warrior products because of they use cheap materials):

90783-250-xj-door.jpg

Are there any other reputable tube door manufactors out there? Carolina rock shop use to make some sweet ones but have since stopped making them (or I haven't found their new site)

Matt @ Formatt Fab no longer makes them either; or at least last time I spoke with him he said he's not making any more products at this time.

The only one's that are "production one's" are the Warrior one's that you linked to on our website. Just be aware that with the Warrior one's you do have to cut your hinges for them to fit.

Thanks for the responses guys. I found a fabricator on NAXJA that makes these doors:

100_2833.jpg

If the price is right I believe I'm going to bite the bullet and get a set for the truck.

Anyone interested in some doors?

Well for $350 I think Its a pretty decent deal. Can anyone think of a better way to spend $350 on you MJ?

EDIT: Someone talk some sense into before I bite the bullet! :roll:

you could spend them on welding lessons, you know "you give a man a fish..." I wish I knew how to weld that way I would be able to make my own stuff and not having to keep paying people to do stuff for me.

but seriously they do look like nice doors. And I have no idea what the price is on these kind of doors but 350 doesn't sound too bad.

Jonathan

you could spend them on welding lessons, you know "you give a man a fish..." I wish I knew how to weld that way I would be able to make my own stuff and not having to keep paying people to do stuff for me.

but seriously they do look like nice doors. And I have no idea what the price is on these kind of doors but 350 doesn't sound too bad.

Jonathan

Good point.

I'm planning on taking some welding and fab classes at the local community college here in town, but its gonna be awhile before i actually enroll in them. First I'm working on abtaining a BA degree... :roll:

if you were in WI you could buy 2 parts trucks with that money... :D

As tempting as it sounds, I really don't have the time (or space) for 2 parts trucks (or even 1). And i'm not in WI. I've checked the local ads and craigslist here and havent been able to spot any cheap jeeps for sale. I wish I could get one for $175....lucky.

what about chopping down an extra set of doors to make half doors. thats what I plan on doing. you don't get as much of a view but it will be a whole bunch cheaper.

Jonathan

Very true. However my fab skills are pretty shabby and my welding skills...well i have none.

Can anyone tell me for a fact that 4 door XJ front doors are identical to MJ doors before I bite the bullet for these things?

the doors should be exactly the same.

I'm in the same boat with you and fab/welding skills. I just cut off the window frame and then trimmed lower on the inside skin, then folded the outside skin in to create an arm rest. I was going to weld that to the inside door skin but as me and my brother in law found out... we suck at welding sheet metal. so I may just pop rivit the fold on to hold it there and put a large piece of abs plastic to cover it up a little.

I don't have a pic of the inside and its only folded over at this point but here is mine.

Jonathan