lucas oil stabilizer

does anyone use this in the rear axle? i always use it with an oil change and use the lucas tranny fix when i change the tranny fluid. it says it can be used as an additive in the rear end or u can run 100% lucas oil stabilizer. ive had a major rearend noise since i found water in the gear oil and it got a little better with a fluid change. I'm thinkin of going with just the lucas in there now though. I'm going to school soon and will have no money or time so I'm tryin to get the truck all set maintenance wise. just wondering if anybody has any experience with it. I'm usually not a fan or additives but i really do believe in the lucas products.

The thicker the oil, the better it is at lubricating and minimizing wear. The thinner the oil is the less drag and thus better mileage and more power to the wheels.

The hard part is to find the perfect median.

The thicker the oil, the better it is at lubricating and minimizing wear. The thinner the oil is the less drag and thus better mileage and more power to the wheels.

The hard part is to find the perfect median.

i think the factory people did that for us :brows: 80w90, MGC gear oil additive is good, anything BG, lucas, red-line, full synthetic... just whatever you can get... i think if you change it at all its better than what 90% of all of them on the road will ever get.

I don't like lucas oil stabilizer...built a 4.0 for a friend a month ago and he absolutely insisted on putting it in. he put it in for all of the oil changes up to 3000 miles ( I did a 500 mile, 1200 mile, and 2200 mile oil change on it). in the middle of the three changes I didn't put the lucas in it but didn't tell him, and he asked what I did to improve it's power, economy, and make it run smooth...he didn't believe me until we put lucas in on the next one.

won't be running that again.

that said, I like and trust all of their other products.

I'm not at all concerned about fuel economy or comfort right now. all i want is for my pos d35 with 200k to last 2 more years and mayb stop howling every time I'm on the gas. i might go 50/50 gear oil lucas I'm not sure yet

lmao...good luck.

i personally guarantee you that I could break 3 of them in as many weeks.

well thats not very constructive. i could break it right now if i wanted to. ive been babying her and staying out of the woods and changing the fluid often. its only turning 31s and i think that if i use it to drive an hour to school n back every few weeks then I'm really not that crazy. just looking for opinions on what r the best products to keep it going and if any of them stop the annoying howling then that is freakin awesome. if it does blow then o well atleast i tried