slave cylinder problems

i have a 1989 jeep comanche i had to replace the clutch & slave cylinder now i can't seem to get the slave cylinder to work right . i thought that it was the master cylinder so i replaced that but still the clutch will not engage properly. any advice . do i have a defective slave cylinder or am i doing something wrong :headpop:

I hope you bleed the new slave cylinder????

But the real question is........did you replace the steel / rubber line from the master to the slave????

You know......20 year old rubber........dry rotted, collapsed line :roll:

There are 2 clutch kits for the '89......The Aisin Transmission (AX-15) and the Peugeot Transmission (BA-10) which is more likely what you have, the clutchs are Not interchangeable. This could also be your problem.

Oh........And Welcome to the ComancheClub :wavey:

yes i did bleed the slave cylinder did not replace the line from slave to the master cylinder. i will give that a try. i do have the ba10 but the auto parts store sold me a clutch kit for a ba10 incase changing the line does not work any other suggestions. i appreciate all the help.

bleed, bleed, and bleed some more. when i did mine it took forever to get it bled out properly. just open the bleeder and let it run out. keep the master full and stop when you get new clear fluid out of the bleeder. then bleed the usual way of pumping and holding or with a bottle until you get a good pedal. good luck!