Up to what year engine can I use?

You know now that I have the front clip off and I'm having so many problems with the cooling issue I was thinking of going a differnt route.

I have an 88 4.0 in there now. If I keep all the renix stuff and externals, up to what year Cherokee can I pull an engine out of to replace my 220,000 mile one. Obviously the newer the better with lower mileage because it makes no sense to do it with a 1990 that already has 150,000 miles plus. Would I be able to use a realatively new one that's maybe been in an accident (side or rear hit)?

Is this a viable option or should I just buy a reman one for $2600 and save myself a lot of headaches?

You know now that I have the front clip off and I'm having so many problems with the cooling issue I was thinking of going a differnt route.

I have an 88 4.0 in there now. If I keep all the renix stuff and externals, up to what year Cherokee can I pull an engine out of to replace my 220,000 mile one. Obviously the newer the better with lower mileage because it makes no sense to do it with a 1990 that already has 150,000 miles plus. Would I be able to use a realatively new one that's maybe been in an accident (side or rear hit)?

Is this a viable option or should I just buy a reman one for $2600 and save myself a lot of headaches?

I'd get a remanufactured engine from a quality shop, like Jasper, who offers a great guarantee and is known to stand behind it. If something should go wrong - no worries mate.