U-bolts and leaf spring bolt

In the process of removing my D35 for the new(er) D44, I had to cut all the u-bolts and one of the front leaf spring bolts. This may be a very basic question but where would be a cheap place to buy some replacements for the U-bolts (going on a D44) and the leaf spring bolt?

Also, are the U-bolts plates/lower shock mounts for the D35 the same as those for a D44?

Thanks.

Brent

Guys here with the metric ton D44's may be different. But if your replacing it with a bare D44 housing all the mounts should work the same. several companys out there make all the heavey dut perches and shock mounts including Rubicon Express.

I'm replacing the D35 with a metric ton 44 out of another MJ. I'll be keeping it SUA for now as I'm trying to get the truck back up and running. I would like to just reuse the original u-bolt plates to save time and money.

The only reason the bolts were cut is due to Midwest threadlocker, i.e. massive rust. I'm looking for a quick source (like NAPA, Tractor Supply, or the like) where anybody else may have picked up what I'm looking for.

Thanks.

1/2" is what you need, but they have different axletube diameters so you'll need larger ubolts and different ubolt plates. I get my ubolts at the local farm supply, but I'm going to make some ubolt eliminators and be done with ubolts forever jamminz.gif

1/2" is what you need, but they have different axletube diameters so you'll need larger ubolts and different ubolt plates. I get my ubolts at the local farm supply, but I'm going to make some ubolt eliminators and be done with ubolts forever jamminz.gif

Give us some more info on the u-bolt eliminators.

TIA JeeppinTom

TNt customs makes a nice reasonably priced set of UBE's. Napa should be able to get the U-bolts for you, or any good 4x4 shop should be able to get what you need. Also new spring plates are not that expensive if you end up buying them as well. When we redid Pong, we used 5/8 u-bolts, and new 1/2" thick plates. Might be a lil over kill, but its stout.

Sorry to bring this back up. Does anyone know the length of the U-bolts used for the metric ton D44? I'm going to stop tonight and have a set of them made up but I don't know that info.

Oh, I got the leaf bolt replaced for free. Our lab was testing some Grade 10.8 M14 fasteners that were pretty close to the right length (a little long). It's good to work for a fastener company sometimes.....

Thank.