Comanche windows etc.

The passenger side window in my 89 MJ only rolls a little over 3/4 the way down. The guy I bought it from said that it has always been like that. So is it stuck or is that just the way it does? Do I have to replace the whole window unit to make iot go all the way down? Also it is missing the plastic pieces that goes on behind the seat on the back of the cab. Where do I find a replacement one or is there any other on a Cherokee or Dakota that will work. Thaks again

The passenger side window in my 89 MJ only rolls a little over 3/4 the way down. The guy I bought it from said that it has always been like that. So is it stuck or is that just the way it does? Do I have to replace the whole window unit to make iot go all the way down? Also it is missing the plastic pieces that goes on behind the seat on the back of the cab. Where do I find a replacement one or is there any other on a Cherokee or Dakota that will work. Thaks again

Shane,

it sounds like your passenger window "regulator" is not working properly. Open up the door skin and check it out, it sounds like the PO may have put in the 2X4 fix to keep the window from going all the to the bottom and not being able to roll it up. The junkyard is the cheapest place to get one or teamcherokee has them new for $155. For a little more you can buy a "power" window kit. Don (Hornbrod) posted a link to it in another post.

http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/view ... hp?t=10873

How difficult is it to switch it over to pwr windows? I saw the kit in the quadratec catalog for around $300. Would it be too much trouble to take either the manual crank or the auto out of a cherokee? What does this consist of? Thanks

How difficult is it to switch it over to pwr windows? I saw the kit in the quadratec catalog for around $300. Would it be too much trouble to take either the manual crank or the auto out of a cherokee? What does this consist of? Thanks

I don't have this kit so I can't comment on personal experience but according to Don it was "bolt on". I would imagine you would need to run power or "splice" into an existing power source. The manual regulator from a four door cherokee 1984-96 should work. If you wanted to go power windows and locks using a cherokee donor I ahve heard some folks here suggest swapping in the entire door.

As far as the regulators themselves it's pure bolt-on. The hardest part was figuring out how to wire the dual switch on the drivers side and single switch on the passengers side. I used the OEM switch plates and switch connectors, and did not install power door locks. Also I made my own door and cross-body harnesses. I saved the wiring schematic and anyone who wants it can have it.

[ it sounds like the PO may have put in the 2X4 fix to keep the window from going all the to the bottom and not being able to roll it up.

Who would ever think of doing THAT????

:D

Jeff