Fog Light Switch

I'm looking to use an extra fog light switch I have to power an aux fan. The idea is to keep the switches looking factory so that the interior goes together. Does anyone know the correct pin out is for the switch?

Don't recall, but I think you can just use a multi-meter or even a test light to find two terminals that are switched. You should use a relay on the fan anyway, or tap the switch into the fan relay circuit, so it won't be carrying much current.

Obviously, there's one contact for power in and one for power out. The third is the ground contact for the switch pilot light.

I'm looking to use an extra fog light switch I have to power an aux fan. The idea is to keep the switches looking factory so that the interior goes together. Does anyone know the correct pin out is for the switch?

I just used one this past week to wire up the relay for my off-road lights.

here's what I did:

(1) Top = To Relay for Lights

(2) Mid = To +12v power source

(3) Bot = Empty

For some reason it worked like that... not sure why it didn't need a ground at least to get the the light to work, but it worked just fine as above.

- Ben

Is this to power an existing aux fan for manual control or to control another fan you have added in place of the mechanical fan? And will you be switching 12V or a ground signal (through a relay of course)? There are a couple of different ways.

I just used one this past week to wire up the relay for my off-road lights.

here's what I did:

(1) Top = To Relay for Lights

(2) Mid = To +12v power source

(3) Bot = Empty

For some reason it worked like that... not sure why it didn't need a ground at least to get the the light to work, but it worked just fine as above.

- Ben

It's a SPST switch. It only needs two contacts to complete the switched circuit. The third is only a ground for the internal pilot light. Whatever you're controlling doesn't need that.

I used a dash fog light switch to provide manual control to my existing aux fan, and used it to supply 12V to energize the aux fan relay coil. If you are switching 12V on your application, the 12V input goes to the NO center pin and the 12V output to the relay is connected to the same side the switch indicator light is on. This way the indicator illuminates when the fan is on.

EDIT: I lied - I used a cargo light switch (same SPST switch as the fog light switch). My fog light switch is used for foglights. :D

Thanks for the replies, this will help me not burn down the Mj. My Mj is a manual sans AC, so it didn't come with the aux electric fan. I'm adding on that I can flip on with manual control.

I will be using a relay.