JKS swaybar disco problem.

I just went to install my swaybar discos today and the driver side one plugged in right away but on the passenger side one there is not enough space between the trac bar mount and the swaybar mount post for the swaybar arm to slide on (hope this makes sense). any suggestions?

TIA

pics to come...

I just went to install my swaybar discos today and the driver side one plugged in right away but on the passenger side one there is not enough space between the trac bar mount and the swaybar mount post for the swaybar arm to slide on (hope this makes sense). any suggestions?

TIA

pics to come...

Something like this...

img1435kh0.jpg

I beat the crap out of mine and it barely went on... I had to bend the Pin and the mount just a little bit each to get it even on there... don't know if it's gonna gone off "easily" or not...

there isnt enough side to side movement in the bracket to mount the post on the other side, though i do think it is that way on TJ's. I'm sure that there is a simple way to fix this. maybe ill try posting it on the JF XJ section.

The problem is with the amount of lift your running with your stock steering setup.

The higher the lift you go, the more you move your stock steering up and in the way. Your changing the angle of the draglink; thus putting it in the way of the disco. The only real solution (without going with a different steering setup) is to make a bracket like you mentioned above to raise the mount.

This is why the RE Gen. 2 swaybar quick disco's mount the pin pointing outward towards the tire on that side.

This is also why a lot of the aftermarket steering setups require you to re-located your swaybar mounts as they get in the way.

The problem is with the amount of lift your running with your stock steering setup.

The higher the lift you go, the more you move your stock steering up and in the way. Your changing the angle of the draglink; thus putting it in the way of the disco. The only real solution (without going with a different steering setup) is to make a bracket like you mentioned above to raise the mount.

This is why the RE Gen. 2 swaybar quick disco's mount the pin pointing outward towards the tire on that side.

This is also why a lot of the aftermarket steering setups require you to re-located your swaybar mounts as they get in the way.

Got the SAME problem with less than 2" of lift...I got mine on, but not sure they are getting disconnected without removing the pin...

Unless I'm remebering it wrong (and I'm not under the truck now), it's not even close to the draglink end at all, it's the lower TracBar mounting bracket on the axle that will be in the same place no matter what steering is on there.

SW2

SW2, yes that is what the problem seems to be I'm running about 2-3" max and it won't work there. that bracket as mentioned above could also be pointing downward and below the trac bar mound therefore being out of the way. But I would have to reposition it when I upgrade the lift to a 6.5 longarm.