1st and New Comanche

I have recently bought an 89 Comanche automatic and 4x4. I have searched for on for quite sometime, looking to find one close to home. They paint was rough on the hood, a few small dents, and the head liner was falling. As we speak it is being painted and is going to have the interior redone in a few weeks. I don't have pictures yet, but don't worry I am taking step by step pictures. I haven't joined the comanche club until now because I felt I need to have one 1st. I have a few questions that maybe someone can help me with. I am going to change the factory bumpers. I like the tube bumpers in the quadratec catalog, what do you guys think? The tech guy told me that there are different rear mounts. Can I make it work with the mounts that I have now? Are there any air intake kits for this year? I noticed most are only available for 91+. I am not the best mechanic in the world, but I love Jeeps and I love Comanches. I also have a 99 XJ all stock. If any of you guys have any advice about the Comanche or any mods that I might not know about, anything will be appreciated. Sorry so long post.

Later, Shane

action-smiley-028.gif

http://comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1239

Welcome to the club! :wavey:

Oh, and the questions should really be posted in the "tech" forum. The "Projects" forum is more of a place to show off your progress and let other member ask questions of you about your new truck. This makes it easier for future searching as well as it means more members will see your question (not everyone checks out the Projects forum as often as Tech) and there's a better chance of it getting answered. :cheers:

yeahthat.gif

And there is a difference in the frame mounts for the tube style bumper from the OEM step bumper, and after market step bumpers (FEY).

Are there any air intake kits for this year?

Yea, all kinds.......Here's a sample.

Even thought that's listed for a Cherokee, remember, most all engine parts from '87 thru '90 are the same, and body parts from the 'B' pillar forward are the same for the Comanche, from '84 thru '96 . The doors are the same from a 4 door XJ, and the seats are a little different.

And........Welcome :waving:

:yeah that:

And there is a difference in the frame mounts for the tube style bumper from the OEM step bumper, and after market step bumpers (FEY).

Are there any air intake kits for this year?

Yea, all kinds.......Here's a sample.

Even thought that's listed for a Cherokee, remember, most all engine parts from '87 thru '90 are the same, and body parts from the 'B' pillar forward are the same for the Comanche, from '84 thru '96 . The doors are the same from a 4 door XJ, and the seats are a little different.

And........Welcome :waving:

don't feel bad i'm still figgerin this all out too