Installing front coil spacers this weekend, any advice?

Here are the "cliff notes" on our directions with our coil spacers.

1. Remove front wheels.

2. Unbolt the sway bar end links.

3. Unbolt the shocks at the axle end.

4. Jack vehicle up and support the vehicle by the framerails with jackstands.

5. Place a floor jack under the axle.

6. Lift on side of the axle up and let the other side hang down.

7. Remove coil.

8. Place coil spacer over the "nubber". Somtimes requires the use of a rubber mallet to pound it on.

9. Place coil back in.

10. Reinstall everything.

Here are the "cliff notes" on our directions with our coil spacers.

1. Remove front wheels.

2. Unbolt the sway bar end links.

3. Unbolt the shocks at the axle end.

4. Jack vehicle up and support the vehicle by the framerails with jackstands.

5. Place a floor jack under the axle.

6. Lift on side of the axle up and let the other side hang down.

7. Remove coil.

8. Place coil spacer over the "nubber". Somtimes requires the use of a rubber mallet to pound it on.

9. Place coil back in.

10. Reinstall everything.

The spacers have a flat spot on them, does that line up against the side? Also, does the raised area of the spacer face down?

Thanks again.

The spacers have a flat spot on them, does that line up against the side? Also, does the raised area of the spacer face down?

Thanks again.

They look something like these? I don't have answers, I'm just the interested Photo linking guy...

img1370yg2.jpg

Thanks again.

The raised part faces down. It will sit inside of the coil itself to help keep the coil centered.

The flat part goes against the body. It's flat like that for clearance. When your installing it you'll see why. It should only fit one way.

Let us know if we can be of any further help.

in between 7 and 8 I would add

7a. Remove lower bump stop cup. Either twist off the entire cup, using a pipe wrench. or if you have a later model, remove rubber bumpstop and unbolt the cup. Without doing this I find it near impossible to put the spacer on.

Ok, I know this wasn't my thread, but I started this project tonight...

The Coil is out (just barely and it wasn't real nice about squeezing out), but I don't have any clue how I'm going to get it back in with the spacer in... Swaybar disconnected, Shocks disconnected at the axle side, Passenger side axle stuffed as high up as the Jack I have will take it and I have no where near enough droop to get that spring back in with out compressors (which I have, but was hesitant to use if I didn't have too, since they are cheapy Harbor Freight ones)

I also tried the stock bottle jack upside down on the axle behind the spring to try to push this side of the axle DOWN further down (which I did with my TJ when I did the BB on it years ago).... You might be able to make it out in the pic..

Anything else I'm doing wrong or should try?

img1431pn8.jpg

FWIW the stock control arms are probably limiting the droop. The top of the control arms come into contact with the mounts. Some times its worth it to unbolt the arms to let the axle droop more, othertimes you can just use the spring compressors.

If it wasnt the control arms then it was the trackbar. Which usually causes the pass side to droop less then the driver, one bolt at the axle can free it.

FWIW the stock control arms are probably limiting the droop. The top of the control arms come into contact with the mounts. Some times its worth it to unbolt the arms to let the axle droop more, othertimes you can just use the spring compressors.

If it wasnt the control arms then it was the trackbar. Which usually causes the pass side to droop less then the driver, one bolt at the axle can free it.

Pretty sure it was the Control Arm... as I could see the little indent on the mounts where the CA rubbed... I ended up using the Spring Compressors and got the Spacers in there...

I'd post pics, but I'm still waiting on the rear shackles, so it's kind of only half done.