4cyl or 6cyl

how easy or hard is a 4.0 swap in to my 4cyl mj i would buy a complete xj to swap from so that would give me harness ecu....... i only wonder if there is alot of fabing like mounts or anything like that.

Thanks

Travis

how easy or hard is a 4.0 swap in to my 4cyl mj i would buy a complete xj to swap from so that would give me harness ecu....... i only wonder if there is alot of fabing like mounts or anything like that.

Thanks

Travis

is your 4 cylinder an 87 and/or newer?

if so, everything will bolt in. mid-87+ 4 cylinders use 4.0 radiator supports with an adapter for the 4 cylinder radiator...so, if you want to do the swap, you just need the interior and engine bay wiring harness, and all engine bay accessories including frame-side motor mounts. you will also need to swap out your fuel pump (the xj one can be put on the MJ sender) and perhaps the upper fuel lines

and for that i could also find a long bed 4x4 mj and just use that drive shaft correct? or have mine shortend since i have a 2wd

do you have a longbed?

if so, then yes just get a longbed 4wd driveshaft from a longbed which has the same motor as you are putting in.

also, a 2wd shortbed rear driveshaft may work in the back of a 4wd longbed...but there are many variables there...I'm using a 2wd shortbed 4.0 auto dana 44 equipped rear shaft in my lwb 2.8 4x4 5 speed which now has a dana 44...no problems as of yet.