High rpm?

OK i unhooked the airfiler tube from the box and held my hand over the tube, to try to slow down the rpms and it went back down to idlespeed and i took my hand off and its running at idle speed. i figure it just super dirty. :roll: . I'm gonna buy a new fuel filter, some carb cleaner, and trottle boy cleaner tomorrow. I'm just happy it runs good again.

OK i unhooked the airfiler tube from the box and held my hand over the tube, to try to slow down the rpms and it went back down to idlespeed and i took my hand off and its running at idle speed. i figure it just super dirty. :roll: . I'm gonna buy a new fuel filter, some carb cleaner, and trottle boy cleaner tomorrow. I'm just happy it runs good again.

That indicates to me that you have a vac leak.

i would think that if you blocked the air intake on a normal operating mj with no vac leaks the idle would drop way below average rpm if not cutting out completely. that indicates that air is getting into the system other than the intake via a vacuum leak.

if you call cleaning spraying with pb sure. tomorrows job will be clean everything. Only problem i had so far is a can't get the intake hose off. those three screws are like welded on there. i sprayed them with pb 3 days in a row now and i just broke the only bit i had for my ratchet now all i have is a star screwdriver. :cry: