just got a comanche

Sircrisp

Well I just got a Comanche because I was tired of all the offroadin fun I've been missing out on since my last truck (Ford Ranger), and I have a question.

I'm not familiar with suspensions and lifting trucks and I don't really have anyone around here to help me put a lift kit on, so I was wondering what the largest tire size I could get on it stock would be.

here's my Comanche, sorry for the bad cell phone quality.

nywxog.jpg[/img]

Living in Tennessee I thought more of my friends would have experience but I guess there isn't that many spots here.

I'm running 235/75R15 on 15x7 rims, with a bit of rubbing on the lca on extreme left turns. That's a 9.25x29" tire. I guess I could adjust the steering stop a bit to fix the rubbing. and will do so at some point in time.

I have heard 9.5x31 works, but 10.5x31 will cause rubbing issues.

My mj had a set of 33 - 12.5 with no lift when i bought it. Only mod was the front fenders which was moved outwards about 1 1/2 inch. They rub like */&&¤ but i have done a hole lot of heavy offroading with them. :D I'm used to it, still i won't recomend that size.

Well...you can put 31's on it with no lift, but they don't "fit". If you understand the true meaning of "fit", it is... the tire will go on and be able to cycle the suspension and steering to full capacity without the tire touching anything.

If you run 31's with no lift and you take it offroad, it will be a bad experience for you fenders, flares and tires. For 31's to properly fit, you need a 3" lift.

I had 235's on mine when I bought it at stock height and they were OK, but did rub just a very little bit at full lock turning.