Need Help With Spring Over

If you want to do this on the cheap.. here you go.

30's will clear stock just a lil rub when turning. Buy yourself some chevy drop shackles, and a coil spacer.

Look at my webshot site and you will see a few different lift setups on MJ's and xj's. I will tell you get what you pay for in lift kits, lots of kits are cheap, but they leave out the details.

Adam at Motion Offroad is very knowledgable, and will help figure stuff out if needed. He also keeps you well informed on your order.

I need to know everything i need to get. Ordering them soon

Perches are 20 bucks through rustys

Do i need new shock mounts or are th stock ones fine

i need brake extensions

What do i need to do in the front besides the coils

New HEAVY DUTY perches are available through the Mopar Performance Catalog for about $12/pair. If BLHTAZ can't find the part number, I still have a printed copy of the catalog somewhere and I can look it up. They are MUCH better than anything Rusty's will be selling.

At 4-1/2" you'll need control arms. Preferably both upper and lower, and adjustable would be better than fixed. You will need an adjustable track bar. You will also need bump stop extenders.

And, of course, you're going to need new shocks on all four corners.

i Think I'm going with jc whitney It's easier for me jamminz.gif

Do as you must, but I believe you will come to regret the decision. You would be much better off with less lift and quality parts than trying to get a mega-lift by cheaping out across the board.

My '88 MJ had a 4" Trailmaster lift in it when I bought it. Back when it was installed, the Trailmaster was one of the only lift kits available for the MJ and it as considered a "quality" lift. I HATED it. It rode hard (rear AAL). The height was completely wrong. The axle was off center -- I had to buy an adjustable track bar to correct that. And at 4" of lift with 31" tires I wasn't really getting much of anywhere I couldn't go with my stock XJ on 30s. After a couple or three years of self-punishment, I put it back to stock height and I've been VERY happy with that decision.

Are you aware that you can run 31x10.50s on a stock MJ with NO lift? Going up 4-1/2" to "clear" 31s is a waste of time and resources. Go with the budget boost (coil spacers and rear shackles) for about 2" to make the tires look right for the truck and just drive it.