Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'bobbed bed'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Comanche Club Forums
    • Comanche of the Month (MJOTM)
    • The Pub
    • MJ Tech: Modification and Repairs
    • MJ Hardcore Tech: Epic Journeys to Greatness
    • MJ Tech: DIY Projects and Write-Ups
    • Member Projects: Your Comanches
    • Member Projects: Other Cool Stuff
    • Comanche Registry
    • Adventure Planning / Regional Groups
    • Classifieds
    • Forum Issues, Ideas, Testing

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 5 results

  1. Has anyone bobbed a long bed and kept a factory hitch? Or did you just integrate it into the bumper??
  2. figured its about time i start a build thread for my comanche. don't really feel like doing a whole timeline so I'm going to start from how it sits now and just go from there here's a quick run down of the jeep as of 7/15/18 1989 comanche. originally was a long bed i bobbed it to just about short bed length 4.0/AX15 241OR from a rubicon 5.5 inch rubicon express coils and long arms. SOA rear on stock leafs bilstien shocks all around currie rockjock 44 with ARB and WJ knuckle swap, cavfab steering, PSC hydro assist and 4:88s ford 8.8 with a detriot, yukon C clip elim, artec truss and ruff stuff u bolt elim with 4:88s 37 inch KM2s on ATX beadlocks ARB on board air compressor recaro seats truck lite LED headlights 97+ header panel dirtbound E fans unkown front bumper, custom rear bumper T&M fab frame stiffeners the entire length of the jeep nates 4x4 rock sliders bushwacker fender flares ( I have taken them off since these pictures) I'm sure theres some other little odds and ends I'm forgetting but thats just a general over view i post a lot more of the build over on IG but ill try to keep up with this thread as well Here’s a few pics to give you guys a general idea how how it looks right now. I’ll update as I add more stuff to it And here’s a few pics from when I first got it pre bed bob and the bed bob itself Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. 89 jeep Comanche, long bed, 5speed Bobbed 17" Custom build numbers 1 3/4 DOM exo cage CSI 12,000 winch Iron rock 3 link long arm kit Rustys 8 inch front coils with 2" spacers Stock rear leafs with 1" blocks Home made relocation brackets Iron man rear shackles 4.0 with 4 hole injectors and bored out throttle body, K&N Air filter Front Dana 44 that is sleeved, Has C- gussets, Detroit locker, Chromoly shafts AX-15 tranny with a Rubicon 4:1Transfer case. Rear Dana 44 with Chromoly shafts, Disc brakes and a spool. 17" DV8 aluminum beadlocks with 37" Maxxis Trepadors. 1 1/2 DOM Tie Rods and Track Bar Solid Diff Covers, 4:88 gears
  4. Found this forum and wanted to join and share . I'm new to the 4x4 scene and included my wife with this endeavour. Thanks for having this forum...Glad to be a member
  5. So I started my wheel base mod this weekend. I started off with a 114" wheel base and I'm shorting it up 8" so it will be at 106". Which I think will be perfect. So first I had to get the bed off which is kinda a pain. So I did some measuring and found out I couldn't use a regular front leaf spring mount because it would put the spring to far below the frame and lift my jeep 2". So I decided to do my part and Reduce, Reuse and Recycle and reuse the front spring brackets. I had to drill out all the spot welds holding the leaf spring brackets on the frame :bang: . Then I decide to reuse the rear hangers too. So out came the drill and more drilling :bang: . So with all spot welds drilled and the mounts off I started measuring again and I had to notch the frame so the front leaf spring bushing would clear and not lift my rig. So came the notching of the frame and finding something that was 4" round to fill in the notch, I happened to find an old oxy bottle cap and it worked perfect. Got the front leaf spring mounts cut so they would fit Then started tacking the mounts on front and rear. While I was doing the rear hangers Brady shorted my rock rails so they will clear the tires... And here it is on the ground, I will be final welding all the brackets next weekend and start on the bed To be continued.......
×
×
  • Create New...