Jump to content

llhat

Members
  • Posts

    233
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by llhat

  1. "finally" had a chance for more diaganostics don't sound too good... I started with 'jumping' the ballast resistor, but went from terminal to terminal with wires still attached. still same situation as described in OP. I then retrieved my fuel pressure gage, attaching to the schrader valve on the fuel rail. Hit the switch... uh oh no pressure. checked to ensure i had gage fully connected, it was. when starting i will burble and hit a cylinders and die. IF i hold down the switch to starting position, it will burble .... and die. I CAN hear the pump cycle for a few seconds next i made a jumper for the ballast resistor removing the ceramic from the equation completely the pump 'seemed' a bit louder, but no fuel pressure showing on gage... IF i try starting repeatedly, I can see gage flutter just a bit and if i cycle switch a few times it will burble longer. if i hold switch on start, it will fire but never get rpm increase to even an idle so in effect no fuel (and i know i takes 39psi to run. to rule out gage, I removed and then depressed schrader valve manually.. nuttin so.. i guess start with filter... see if i get flow on output end, then input end. I have replaced this pump and filter, will need to look back how long ago. wonder about regulator, could be defective? no vacuum = higher pressure its only been hundred or so miles since fill up so pretty certain not out of gas in tank... 23 gallon I know gage is off, but even then I have run gage down even further than it is now without running out and it only took ~17 gallons to fill. not looking forward to pulling that pump, but seems that is the direction unless i missed something..
  2. i can only pray it is that simple !! will be a couple of days before i can reexamine. thanks for the responses thus far.
  3. Long. Background 1989 Comanche 4.0 renix automatic 169k This morning, added oil, and while hood open unplugged and reconnected the square connector on the TPS, ( had been having to shift transmission manually).. just an attempt for this. Cranked, started, drove to take off trash about 4 miles away, not turning it off... On return home, less than 1/2 mile from driveway... no engine power, slid to neutral and attempted restart, nada coasted to driveway, down driveway and to outside my shop (at least i did not have to push it). once stopped again, attempted restart. will 'catch' and fire about three or four cylinders, but will not sustain run condition. Tried thus far: unplug and re-connect: 1.Both TPS connections 2.checked coil high tension connection to distributor 3. CPS connection then tried start again, no change. I can hear fuel pump cycle. I then unplugged MAP sensor, seems a spacer in the connection on the MAP side fell out. attempted retrieval, but too hot in that area. I reconnected the MAP connector, seemed "OK" Still no change, start, hits, stumbles, but no sustained run. Gave up for now.. too damn hot. Next.. plan of action... 1. verify fuel pressure 2. test CPS output What else??? Thanks in advance.
  4. one more bump.. Members 2 Posted April 23 Last Dorman harness the 'J' hose to the airbox simply would not fit, the original Mopar 'J' hose had a molded 'swell' at its end which increased the ID of the hose and would fit the air box.
  5. ^^^ any input? ?? To the top...
  6. Last Dorman harness the 'J' hose to the airbox simply would not fit, the original Mopar 'J' hose had a molded 'swell' at its end which increased the ID of the hose and would fit the air box. I tried to heat the 'J' hose but it split... any solutions? Had considered a bulkhead fitting and creating a new entry and plugging the original nipple, but have not attempted to source one I'd like to find source for hose only also
×
×
  • Create New...