Drop shackle question

Sooo... I finally got around to installing some 2" Chevy drop shackles I bought on ebay. Of course they are slightly too big! The top end is too wide (1/4"), the bushings bolt hole is too big ( a lot of wiggle room ), And the bottom of the shackle is about 1/3" too wide for the leaf bushing.

:fs1:

They supposedly fit a Chevy 1500 from 88 to 07. Does anyone have the exact years or a part number for the correct drop shackles? I need to replace these asap so I can install them when I swap in the D44.

:wrench:

You have the correct GM shackles; that's just how they fit. To use them you can compress them down by tightening the reciever end bolts and bending them in :ack: or use washer shims. Either way it's not a correct fit. Spring for a geasable set of shackles specifically made for the MJ/XJ, like these from Teraflex:

35425-md.jpg

When I installed drop shackles on my MJ the top needed to be ground down about 1/8" and the bottom fit perfectly around the leaves. The bolt sleeves were also the correct size. I think you got the wrong pair, Chevy shackles are not the same from 88-07 they changed a couple times. I used a set off a 94 1500 that a local guy sold me off his truck.