Clock Display Dead

Anyone successfully repaired these dash clocks? I have an '88 Eliminator with the clock that has the back light bulb. I checked the power feeds, and replaced the bulb. When the key is on, the bulb lights up, and, at the plug, I have power, both switched and constant. I took the clock appart, didn't see any burnt components or cold solder joints. Anyone know what could have gone bad? I really don't NEED the thing, but, eventually, I want to restore the truck, and I would like to have it working. Thanks!

Jerry

There is an old thread on CC about this.  If I recall, someone would fix the old.

On mine, the LED doesn't light up (most of the time).  Occasionally, I'll over at it and it is lit up...and it still keeps accurate time!

Most people just pull one out of an XJ.  But they're almost as old as the MJ clock.

Yeah, looking at possibly getting one from the JY. Only thing is, I need to build a battery pack so I can test it there, and not waste my money! Wished I did that with the overhead console for the XJ.

Jerry