Help With Switches

Please - somebody help! I am trying to ditch the ugly push button switches that were included in the Eaton locker kits. I bought some new rocker switches to replace them and they diddn't come with instruction :nuts:.

Where do I place these wires (on the push button switch)->

Onto the new rocker switches (like this on the back) ->

The numbers are (clockwise from the top) 4-3-2. I have to find out where to place the relay wire, the 12v power wire, and the ignition wire :dunno: without blowing something up. Thanks, Rich

What type of switch are the rocker switches?

I'm going to assume that the center prong is the ground, than the top/bottom are your power's. Ground it out, hook up the wires and if when the switch is off it activates your locker than switch the top and bottom wires around.

If they are illuminated switches than ground it out, hook up your power wire and if the switch is off and the switch lights up than you've got it backwards.

I don't think with the type of switch your running and if your running it via a relay your going to hurt anything. Just make sure you have it grounded first. The other wires you can figure what goes where based on the steps above.

What type of switch are the rocker switches?

I'm going to assume that the center prong is the ground, than the top/bottom are your power's. Ground it out, hook up the wires and if when the switch is off it activates your locker than switch the top and bottom wires around.

If they are illuminated switches than ground it out, hook up your power wire and if the switch is off and the switch lights up than you've got it backwards.

I don't think with the type of switch your running and if your running it via a relay your going to hurt anything. Just make sure you have it grounded first. The other wires you can figure what goes where based on the steps above.

Thanks for the reply - It is a Carling Technology switch, if that helps. My only question now is - since the relays are grounded, can I assume that the relay wire would be the ground wire? Thanks again, Rich

Thanks for the reply - It is a Carling Technology switch, if that helps. My only question now is - since the relays are grounded, can I assume that the relay wire would be the ground wire? Thanks again, Rich

Do not ASSuME Rich. :D All relays have contacts that are either are NO (normally open) or NC (normally closed). To change the NO or NC state, either a ground OR 12V is applied to the relay coil. Current flows thru the coil, and the relay changes state. This is what your switches are applying to the relay coil. W/o seeing a schematic, I tend to agree with Motion Offroad's reply only because of the color code on the push button switches. It looks like the black wire (ground) should go on the rocker switch center pin, and the blue wires should go on the outside pins. If they are indicator rocker switches and they do not light up, reverse the blue wires.

Do not ASSuME Rich. :D All relays have contacts that are either are NO (normally open) or NC (normally closed). To change the NO or NC state, either a ground OR 12V is applied to the relay coil. Current flows thru the coil, and the relay changes state. This is what your switches are applying to the relay coil. W/o seeing a schematic, I tend to agree with Motion Offroad's reply only because of the color code on the push button switches. It looks like the black wire (ground) should go on the rocker switch center pin, and the blue wires should go on the outside pins. If they are indicator rocker switches and they do not light up, reverse the blue wires.

Dayem - I did not see the back wire, lol. I had to go out into the garage and check. I thought they were all blue :nuts: . You are correct, the relay wire is hot. Best not to ASSuME. Now I can figure it out with my volt meter. Thanks :D