Too much heat! 87 MJ

I have lots of heat coming in the cabin of the truck,I don't know if it's the heater valve or???? I had a new heater core installed and this truck has a/c but not hooked up. I'm looking for some answers if you guys can help............thanks,Ray

Are you just sliding the fan control down to low? or are you sliding the selector over to off too? I noticed in cars ive had where there isnt an off on the fan selector they tend to pull heat all the time.

I have lots of heat coming in the cabin of the truck,I don't know if it's the heater valve or???? I had a new heater core installed and this truck has a/c but not hooked up. I'm looking for some answers if you guys can help............thanks,Ray

Check to see if the vacuum line to the water control valve (inline w. the heater core hoses) is hooked up (item 5 in Taz's pic).

Are you just sliding the fan control down to low? or are you sliding the selector over to off too? I noticed in cars ive had where there isnt an off on the fan selector they tend to pull heat all the time.

+1, unless if the vent is in the off position, I'm cookin.

The hot/cold selector slides good until it gets near cold,after that I have to force it to cold...........Is there any way possible to take out the glove compartment without taking out the dashboard? I have a feeling when the heater core was installed,they screwed something up because it always worked well. Unless the valve is bad?????

The hot/cold selector slides good until it gets near cold,after that I have to force it to cold...........Is there any way possible to take out the glove compartment without taking out the dashboard? I have a feeling when the heater core was installed,they screwed something up because it always worked well. Unless the valve is bad?????

something got screwed up that's vacuum related if it won't shut itself out. plus the valve doesn't work then.

no, you can't remove just the glovebox area, though it would be nice. the whole dash only holds in with 2 15mm bolts on the sides, something of the like size nuts for the steering column, and 3 5/16 sheetmetal screws up front on top. it's about a 20 minute job for me to yank a dash.