fuel system cleaner?

I'm a strong advocate of Seafoam, pricey but what a good job it does. It's residual so you benefit with the next tank ful also does er all, cleanes loosens, removes water, lubricates etc... I could tell a diference in the injectors after only 20 miles or so, water right away

http://www.seafoamsales.com/

But then I like Kroil better than PB Blaster.

I'm a strong advocate of Seafoam, pricey but what a good job it does. It's residual so you benefit with the next tank ful also does er all, cleanes loosens, removes water, lubricates etc... I could tell a diference in the injectors after only 20 miles or so, water right away

http://www.seafoamsales.com/

But then I like Kroil better than PB Blaster.

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!! X10000

Great stuff. I put a can of it in my vehicles every oil change which is at about every 8000 miles for me using AMSOIL.

I'd like to try the SeaFoam, but I have no idea where to buy it locally. They say Pepboys carries it so I'll have to check it out.

I just want to do my fuel system, I have a reman engine in so everything is nice there.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I'd like to try the SeaFoam, but I have no idea where to buy it locally. They say Pepboys carries it so I'll have to check it out.

I just want to do my fuel system, I have a reman engine in so everything is nice there.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I would still buy 2 cans and put one in the gas tank and 1 in the crankcase. That way things will stay nice in there, it cleans the valves and oil deposits up.

So you just pour the Seafoam and go, including the crankcase? I thought it was a motor flush that you did with an oil change, i.e. you didn't leave it in there.

LOL, I may be a little scared to do it, I remember a post on here of a guy that said after he flushed his motor, don't know if it was with Seafoam, he starting having leaks and he never did before. He said he figured all the gunk and sludge was keeping her tight?!

Yep just pour it in and go. You don't remove it, you use it as an additive.

I can understand how the guy got leaks the way this stuff works. You are probably right it cleaned up all the gunk that was serving as a replacement gasket. Look at the bootm of your oil fill cap and down in the rocker valley, if it's fairly clean then you are safe. If it's all gunge then it would be asking for trouble. Probably not a good idea for the crankcase of a negelected motor as it could even clog up the oil pump screen.

It's good to go in the gas tank of ANY vehicle.

LOL, I may be a little scared to do it, I remember a post on here of a guy that said after he flushed his motor, don't know if it was with Seafoam, he starting having leaks and he never did before. He said he figured all the gunk and sludge was keeping her tight?!

I have seen that happen with people switching to AMSOIL inan older vehicle too. They think the oil did some damage to the engine, but in reality it cleans it up and takes away the junk that was plugging the problem areas that should have been fixed long ago.

I have never used Sea Foam in the crank case...only the gas. All of my vehicles run Synthetic oil, so I have no need to put anything in the oil.

Sea Foam works great for upper intake cleaning too. With the engine running, you take the vacuum hose from the power brake booster and stick it in the can of Sea Foam and let it suck it in while using one hand to keep the idle speed up and not stall the engine :brows: . If it seems the it's going to stall even with the RPM's up, simply pull the hose out of the can and let it catch up. I believe the can actually has these instructions on it too.

Just let it be known.....

SOME vehicles smoke like the dickens when you start them back up. TELL THE NEIGHBORS ITS OK!!!!

I LOVE the stuff, nothing but good results from its use. BUT depending on how dirty/deposits there, will determine how much smoke you get.

CW