New Radiator Differences

Hi,

I was wondering something. My old radiator bit it last week and today I got a new one. It looks the same as the other then it has 2 other plugins as opposed to my old original radiator. Now they didn't ask if it was a automatic or manual, anywhere I went didnt have any differences. Now the new one has plastic plugs in these 2 wholes that screw in. I am assuming that I would undo these if I had a automatic which I don't.

Thanks.

Most all radiators for replacement, in any make of vehicle are 'set-up' for the automatic transmission cooler lines, and as you wrote, have plastic plugs to close off the trans cooler. Your right to just leave the plugs in place if you have a manual transmission.

Also you should have a larger plastic plug on the drivers side that would be for the sensor for the auxiliary electric fan. If you don't have the fan, leave this plug in also.

Most of the replacements have the plastic tanks, virus the metal tanks on the OEM. These work just fine.

And don't for get to take your old radiator to the scrap yard, their worth about $5 in scrap ;)

Most of the replacements have the plastic tanks, virus the metal tanks on the OEM. These work just fine.

Dunno if this is what you meant to write. Every OEM Cherokee/Comanche radiator I've seen had plastic tanks, and both replacements I bought had metal. The guy at the radiator shop said he can't work on the factory rads because he can't fix the plastc tanks where they meet the metal core.

Yea, couple of the OEM radiators that I've replaced had metal tanks.....'87 &'89, the replacements I've bought had plastic tanks, 2 core radiators.

Could be just the after market supplier I got mine from :dunno:

http://www.rockauto.com

And your right NO radiator shop will ever touch a plastic tank. And for what some of the shops charge, your better off with a new after market in the box ;)