New noise....

yeah, ive been workin my doopa off lately, 6 days a week so i have to wait until sunday to check those bolts and the chain in the t-case, hopefully its that easy, just something loose, i will let yall know. oh, BTW it does NOT make any noise in reverse or while coasting down a hill. anyway, I'm goin seepy now, got work in a few hrs.

Erik :beerhead:

could it be the torque converter?

I'm kind of fishing in the dark in this area, I know a lot about diagnosing Manual tranny problems but when it comes to auto :???: :dunno:

how do i get to the torque converter? i will have a little bit of time to finally work on this so hopefully thats it.

On the lower front of the transmission, where it bolts to the engine block, there is an inspection plate, held on with a couple of screws, you remove that plate, and you will see the flex plate, with "teeth" for the started drive, and the bottom of the torque converter. To turn the flex plate / torque converter, use a 3/4" socket on the front of the engine, at the harmonic balancer / crank end, and turn the engine clockwise, every 90* will be a small bolt where the flex plate bolts to the torque converter, you'll see the bolts from the inspection plate, looking from the front of the transmission., towards the back.