transfer case shifter

My '88 4x4 has a gap around the transfer case shifter that blows enough hot air into the cab at lower speeds to make you pass out.

The bezel is still there and good,but it appears that there used to be a

rubber(?) boot of some sort in that 1 by 4 inch slot that the lever moves in.Anyone got a clue what's supposed to be in it,please let me know I need to make something to keep out the heat.Thanks.

It's really hard to describe, but what was there is like a black bristle stuff like a broom would be made of. It's made on a small strip with one on each side. Mine are still there, but are falling apart badly.

I haven't looked under mine to see what may be there, but I'm sure there must be more to it.

I do not have a pic, but there IS supposed to be a rubber piece followed mt the "brush" that you see from inside the cab.

I would think you should be able to make something yourself to help eliminate this problem.

CW

Yes I'm sure I can make something.Thanks for the great description,I know exactly what you're describing.When you take the bezel off,there's

a small,maybe 1/8'' groove around the inside edge to hold something,I just didn't know what until you guys helped,now I'll go see what I can find

to seal it up.Apparently,there must be some jute stuffed in there too,to keep the heat down.Have lots of that at work.

By the way,I'm a parts guy at a Dodge dealership,36 years worth,if

anyone needs a question about factory parts answered,I can probably do that for you.

Have access to Mopar parts system at home,also.

Thanks again.

By the way,I'm a parts guy at a Dodge dealership,36 years worth,if

anyone needs a question about factory parts answered,I can probably do that for you.

Have access to Mopar parts system at home,also.

Thanks again.

I work at a Chrysler-Jeep dealer in parts :cheers: . Been at it for around 12 years now.

You must use Star Parts too... ;)