Two piece rear D-shaft ?

ok so the plan or idea anyway is to use a two piece rear drive shaft i got

off of my budys 1 ton chevy 2wd and make it fit in the manch, the manch

i believe has 1310 u-joints and the driveline has 1350 . now on the rear

44 i can get a 1350 yoke or go with the bastard joint to save a couple

bucks and i would do the same on the slip yoke side as well .

any forseeable issues ,pros , cons and definetly suggestions :cheers:

now the reason for doing this is so i can not drag the drive shaft on

everything and make a big a$$ belly skid

o and what might be a optimal final rear shaft length?

thanks mason

ok so the plan or idea anyway is to use a two piece rear drive shaft i got off of my budys 1 ton chevy 2wd and make it fit in the manch, the manch i believe has 1310 u-joints and the driveline has 1350 . now on the rear 44 i can get a 1350 yoke or go with the bastard joint to save a couple bucks and i would do the same on the slip yoke side as well .

any forseeable issues ,pros , cons and definetly suggestions :cheers:

now the reason for doing this is so i can not drag the drive shaft on everything and make a big a$$ belly skid o and what might be a optimal final rear shaft length? thanks mason

I've thought about this too, good idea. I know GM 27 spline w. the 1-1/2" OD splined shaft slip yokes that accomodate the 1350 series u-joints can be had and fit the MJ transfer cases. And if you go w. the beefier 1350 series up front, I'd do the same for the rear D44. What I'd like to know is how/where do you plan on mounting the drive shaft middle support?

I've thought about this too, good idea. I know GM 27 spline w. the 1-1/2" OD splined shaft slip yokes that accomodate the 1350 series u-joints can be had and fit the MJ transfer cases. And if you go w. the beefier 1350 series up front, I'd do the same for the rear D44. What I'd like to know is how/where do you plan on mounting the drive shaft middle support?

Well i was figuring on either fabricating a crossmember that the belly pan would also mount to or mounting it to the under side of the bed or cab , but i like the crossmember idea more.

o and this is on a long bed manche to.

Well i was figuring on either fabricating a crossmember that the belly pan would also mount to or mounting it to the under side of the bed or cab , but i like the crossmember idea more.

o and this is on a long bed manche to.

Total driveshaft length on the LWB is around 60-1/2" longest case (AW4, 2WD) straightline u-joint center to center. Where is your fabbed cross member going to end up w. your Chevy shaft? Under the bed most likely, w. exhaust, fuel lines, brake lines, etc. in the way, and not much to mount to. Interesting project FUBAR.....