tamaskan dog

tkgibbs27

any of you guys seen any registered breeders for this dog? i've been looking around to find somebody, but not much luck. they just started breeding these dogs back in like 2002, but they originated from finland. i want one pretty bad. they do have breeders here in the :USAflag: for these dogs, so i know they are here. somewhere.

here's a link to what they look like.

http://www.doublejkennels.com/kennel/Po ... wolfie.jpg

any of you guys seen any registered breeders for this dog? i've been looking around to find somebody, but not much luck. they just started breeding these dogs back in like 2002, but they originated from finland. i want one pretty bad. they do have breeders here in the :USAflag: for these dogs, so i know they are here. somewhere.

here's a link to what they look like.

http://www.doublejkennels.com/kennel/Po ... wolfie.jpg

Looks like a wolf / shepherd hybrid. Very nice looking dog. What kind of price do those sell for?

:cheers:

it's a alaskan malamute, siberian husky and german shepard mix. they were bred to look like wolves. wolf dogs without the wolf is what they say. that's why i want one so bad. not sure about the price, i am trying to find out myself, ha. i found an email on a website that said to email if you had questions about these dogs in the :USAflag: asked them what about is the price range and where the breeders were located.

just found this: There are only 18 Tamaskan in the USA at present. (not sure when they last updated their page though.)

Never said they were good but they are supposed breeders.Thats why I also had the second link with registered breeders.

I would rather have a Wolf Hybrid or a good Malamute .I have been around dogs for a long time and really I have never seen a bad dog only bad owners.Don't be afraid of a wolf hybrid.They are just like any other dog ,as long as you are the Alfa male they will not do anything wrong.

i wasn't accusing you. i took that off of the the second link that was talking about registered breeders, figured i might as well post it so if anyone else comes around an is thinking about trying to get this dog they'll know those two aren't registered. my dad had raised several pure wolf pups, so i got a good talking about being the alpha male when raising a wolf.

i was looking at the wolf hybrids as well. i don't want something i have to prove alpha over yet. i thought more of it when i get a bit older and have some property of my own. i live in a residential area, pretty populated, and right next to a real big a$$hole. we already have enough problems with him, maybe a wolf hybrid would get him to knock off some of the crap he pulls. mostly letting his dogs come use our yard for a bathroom ruining our lawn.

I know were you got it from.

As for being the Alfa you have to do that with any dog or it will not respect or listen to you.

For your neighbors dog .Snag the dog the next time it goes into your yard.If it has a collar take it off and call animal control to have them pick it up.Send that dog to the pound.

If your not that mean you can call your local animal control and find out what their laws are on curbing the dog as well as leash laws.Most states and counties have both.From there you can take some video or pictures of the dog coming into your yard and have the person sighted for both or one of them .

I'm currently dealing with the same thing.A guy a few houses down lets his dog out the front door and allows it to roam the neighborhood all day .My dog is trained to stay in my yard and not to leave it.Though if it sees this other dog he could be tempted to wonder off my property and into the street which I'm not up for.

that's not a bad idea. i might just have to do that. my dad came home from fishin' one afternoon and the dogs were in the yard, the neighbor was standing over in his yard. my dad told him our yard was looking pretty $#!&ty because of his dogs and he got all cocky and wanted to fight over it. haha. he came over about a month later and apologized. it wasn't the first time he'd confronted the guy about it. just not to long ago he was blowing some stuff into our yard with a leaf blower so my dad called the cops on him cause he's sick of $#!&. he's a mormon to add at that. my dad's looking for a new home anyways, with some acres and a shop so he can work on his cars. he's got 2002 model bmw and a triumph spitfire mkII. it'd give me a place to work on my mj.

that's how my old collie was. well we would let her run around loose because we lived out in the country at the time and everyone in town knew each other and their animals so it was no big deal. and then there were a few new yuppies that moved into town and we started to get complaints so every time she'd run off we'd chain her up. not to long she started sticking around the house and stopped running off. she hated that chain.

The Tamaskan is a rare breed that has just recently been introduced into the United States. There are only a few potential breeders in the US and only one that has Tamaskans of breeding age and that is J & J Kennels in New Jersey. I expect to get a female sometime this summer, from a recent breeding in the UK. But I will not be breeding for at least a year and a half or so as puppies are not bred until approximately 18 months to 2 years of age.

A Tamaskan puppy right now is approximately 1800 – 2000.00 If you import from overseas, this does not include the cost of shipping.... Mikko was 10 weeks old when he arrived, already weighing 10 lbs, and shipping was approximately 1500.00 at that time.

that's some information a lady sent me about them. said she lives in around the portland/beaverton area, which is about a four hour drive from me. so it's looking good. but it'll be sometime.

true. very pricey.

:eek: And I thought $800 for an Akita was high.

I've always manage to do the pound rescue, however I did get a pruebred Basset hound once. Had it for about two months and sold it. It had to be the dumbest dog I've ever owned. :dunce: Must have come from inbreeding. :D

Minor thread-jack:

I found a nice Blue Tick with a telemetry collar today while I was working. He was tied to a rusted matress frame about midway between Bumphuc and Nowhere, in the Mojave Desert. I'm thinking his owner wasn't coming back for him. He was a cool dog. The Animal Control guy that I called and guided in to pick him up wants to keep him.

I'd like to catch someone abandoning a dog like that sometime. :thwak: