Another MPG question.

I'm getting about 1 gallon pre month. It has a lot to do with it sitting on jack stands! One of these days I hope to get worse gas mileage. :roll:

Geez, I got you beat. My son's has been on the same full tank of gas for about 2 months now. I believe we're gettin about 1000 MPG! Of course it has only moved about 2 miles in that time :chillin:

:roll:

Yeah, MPG is definitely important, and getting more importanter every day. :D Current setup:

4.5L stroker w. AW-4

4.11 gearing

31" BFG MTs

Correct speedo gear

15 around town, 18-20 highway. According to similar setups on the strokers forum, this is not too bad, a bit above average. Got all the parts, and next week I am swapping my old intake for the 1999+ curved runner unit, and adding a Unichip, then having it dyno tuned at Hesco. This has resulted in 2-3 more MPG for most w. 10% overall HP/torque numbers. We'll see.............

umm yeah what is the unichip and why swap intake?

umm yeah what is the unichip and why swap intake?

the unichip is an ECU timing chip, or adjustable computer chip of sorts which can piggy back your factory system when using a stroker motor, and give you better control over how the engine runs, plus increase it's efficiency and power.

as for the intake, in 1997 or 98 the cherokee had it's head changed from the H.O. head to meet emissions standards...the result was loss of power, so they added did some porting and flow work on a newer designed intake to make up the difference.

I don't recall the exact horsepower gains from a newer cherokee intake, but it's upwards of 5hp i believe, and can be re-ported to add more. it's a very well designed intake.