daily driver - finally some pictures

I bought this from a guy off Craig's List who had it in his family since new. They took great care of her and I'm continuing the love. 1986 Custom with matching hardtop. Got the 2.8L which will be a 3.4L soon. Wrangler wheels. Original bench seat, orangy/tan interior (yuck, will be black), everything works. Gauges, etc, except of course for the courtesy lights.

You can see the make-shift hood thingie I made to clear the air filter:

2273328630_72975107d3.jpg

Replacement tailgate looks ok:

2272533297_7d3a842232.jpg

Here's the 2-piece Edelbrock intake manifold with 390CFM Holley 4bbl. Add a pair of headers and free-flow exhaust and that 3.4L will really scoot:

2272533769_dff94c798c.jpg

Anyway, full compression on all cylinders at 147k miles + more every day. Hope you like.

Looks nice. Interesting twist on the 2 tone there. There is another thread going on right now with opinions on 2 tone paint etc. First time I've seen it with the "upper" portion as secondary. Not sure why they didn't wrap it around the gate though.

Thanks. The tailgate is a transplant, not sure what happened to the original. The hood is primer, by the way. The paint was oxidized and faded anyway. No decision on future colors either. I'll cross that bridge later.