Help With car stereo stuff

DansGreyMj

It says on that site that the RMS is 1400 watts but I think if you run about 1000 watts to both of them would push enough to rattle all the windows lol I used to have 2 12" pioneer subs and 300 watts in the back of my cherokee. Half way up on the stereo dial would about deafen me.

It says on that site that the RMS is 1400 watts but I think if you run about 1000 watts to both of them would push enough to rattle all the windows lol I used to have 2 12" pioneer subs and 300 watts in the back of my cherokee. Half way up on the stereo dial would about deafen me.

It says that PEAK is 1400 watts, RMS is 50-350 so you could power it with a 700 watt amp.

it is a 4 ohm sub and you have two so you could wire it down to 2 ohm

so a 700 watt amp that is made for 2 ohm should do you fine.

correct me if I'm wrong.

Jonathan

Well I'm not 100 percent positive on my theory but if you bought a multiple channel amp you can bridge it and achieve a 2 ohm setting. So yes I believe what lostissues said is correct.

both of you are correct..

but it would be better to go with a mono amp, with more power then a 2 channel amp and bridge it down to 2 ohm's

get a amp with at least 800 rms at 2 ohm's simply because of the fact that the subs read 50-350 rms BUT just about every sub that i have ever sold is rated way less then what it can handle. you could put 450 rms to those subs easily and it would pound hard

hope that helps

kevin