New interior weekend! *NOW WITH PHOTOS!*

Today was the first day of the "Finish the MJ Interior" weekend. I did the tach dash swap, and dyed the dash black (What a PAIN IN THE A$$!). Then I took it down to Sears for some new tires - finally real truck tires!

Tomorrow I will black the rest of the remaining trim, put on the black door panels, install the new black vinyl floor pad, swap to the new 3 spoke steering wheel, and install the brand new black headliner I got on Ebay. It will be looking sweet, and I promise to post some pics. This truck has gone from plain old turd to nearly craptacular! jamminz.gif

So, I finished everything today. There's just a couple things to pick up someday. I need some black seatbelts and plastic, but i may paint those. I need to get a seat cover too. Overall the headliner is pretty nice, it's just cut funny on the sides, not sure why, but it causes it to leave a space untovered on the driver's side - see photo. I'm pretty sure I can live with that, but I may put some of the included extra fabric behind it so you don't notice as much. This was my first time doing any interior changes on a car, and it didn't turn out too bad for an amatuer. It looks way better in person, for some reason the flash makes it look really dirty.

I also broke off my shift knob - the metal actually sheared (crap!) - so I'll have it welded back on tomorrow, and I'll be good to go.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

And a Before photo for compariosn:

Image Not Found

looks good.

get Tecnique (from napa) Vinyl Semi-gloss vinyl paint/dye and spray it on the seat...the vinyl seat will absorb that, as it's what it's designed for.

as for the headliner, you've apparently got it shifted to the passenger side. pop the trim back down and slide it over. did you have to cut the holes a bit to get the visors and such to fit into place?

looks great though! glad to see someone else who tried it (and will love it I'm sure)