Quick Tranny removal question

Dropping a tranny and transfer outta a 92 cherokee to install in my 2wd 92 comanche.Think I've got all elec. connectors,linkage and hose disco'ed, except for CPS.Question is:do I have to unbolt CPS from bell housing,or just unplug it in the engine compartment to remove tranny before I take on those dreaded E12 bolts at the top?Thanx for any help or tips you can throw at me. ko

If you are junking the whole thing I would say pull the motor tranny and t-case as one.

But if not just lower the tail housing of the t-case down so that you can get to those top to bolts. As far as the CPS I just took it out make sure you save those 2 bolts and use them or the spacing won't be right and it won't run after (is this right I thought I read that some were maybe not).

O and more thing there is a tap on tranny that holds the exhaust in place make sure you look for this and if it is not there then your good to go if it is there take it off or the tranny will not come out dint ask me how I no. :roll:

Thanx for the tips. But do those 2 bolts that hold the CPS even have to be removed to pull the tranny? I'd rather not even mess with em' and run any risk of a no start when installed. The bolts look like they in a adjustable slot.If they do have to be removed,will they have to be in the exact same location?

Good news is: removed tilt steering column and instrument cluster using past threads I've read here with no complications. Going to change from auto column shift to floor.Any tricks to disconnecting the 2 cable ends from shifter?One runs to column for key lock? and other to tranny of course. thanx again, ko