AW-4 Cooling Line Connections

I have a leak on one of my cooling lines to my AW-4 where it enters the transmission housing.   From the reading I have done on the topic, everyone was recommending replacing the quick connect fitting that screws into the transmission case, along with installing new O-rings on the hard lines where they join this quick connect fitting.

There is just one rub---the recommended quick connect fitting from Dorman that screws into the transmission case is no longer available.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to stop this leak without winding up using AN fittings and braided hose to replace the hard lines?

Woah, I replaced (2) of my AW4 fittings about 6 months ago.

I used the dorman 800-714 / 83503728

https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-28973-800-714.aspx

https://www.carparts.com/transmission-oil-line/dorman/rb800714

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/dorman-transmission-line-connector-3-8in.-od-tube-x-14mm-1.5-800-714/20230072-P

Try calling dorman or a nearby federated auto parts. They may be able to source them.

Dang, I just got mine from amazon for like $20ea I think. Wow. I should have purchased more :/

20230813_152108.jpg

20230813_152049.jpg

If you google the Dorman number I see a few places still claiming to have them. You might get lucky on finding replacement o-rings, although for many of us the leak is due to corrosion in the fitting. I'm not sure if the 800-750 RockAuto has listed with the oil cooler line fittings works for the trans connector as well or if it's only for the cooler end of the line.

You can always contact Dorman, see if it's permanently discontinued or just a temporary supply concern.

On 6/23/2024 at 2:22 PM, gogmorgo said:

If you google the Dorman number I see a few places still claiming to have them. You might get lucky on finding replacement o-rings, although for many of us the leak is due to corrosion in the fitting. I'm not sure if the 800-750 RockAuto has listed with the oil cooler line fittings works for the trans connector as well or if it's only for the cooler end of the line.

You can always contact Dorman, see if it's permanently discontinued or just a temporary supply concern.

My fittings are nice and clean, in terms of corrosion.  It's one of the benefits of living in AZ.   I probably would have to spray them out with brake cleaner or the like to get any dust/dirt out of the fitting, but otherwise, they should be good to go.

So if I squeeze the two plastic "ears" on the connector together, and pull on the hard line, it should slide out of that fitting that is screwed into the side of the transmission case, correct?   And then that hard line has some o-rings and a plastic spacer that seals the connection when it is reinstalled, correct?