E-fan connector needed

I am looking for the connector on the body half of the wiring harness for a 1996 or later XJ (my engine in my MJ is from a 2000 XJ, along with the wiring.)

Does anyone have a line on one in good working order?   (Wells Automotive makes a replacement, but it's FIFTY DOLLARS, and that's kinda steep for a silly connector.)

9 hours ago, AZJeff said:

I am looking for the connector on the body half of the wiring harness for a 1996 or later XJ (my engine in my MJ is from a 2000 XJ, along with the wiring.)

Does anyone have a line on one in good working order?   (Wells Automotive makes a replacement, but it's FIFTY DOLLARS, and that's kinda steep for a silly connector.)

Can you take a picture of what you need? 

So, on my 01 XJ, I noticed that the PO installed an older style e-fan and it had the small adapter harness. On a hot summer day in some significant traffic, the beast started to overheat. Once I made it home, I took a quick look and that harness had melted and caused an open circuit. Like you, I searched for a replacement but for the price, I just went ahead and got some good solder splices and eliminated the connector altogether. I recommend you do so but you know the downside of going that route...

Looked up the picture online. If this is the fan plug you have then here is the link to the connector and pins you need: https://www.customconnectorkits.com/products/54200206

Or if you want it to be a fully assembled pigtail:

https://www.customconnectorkits.com/products/10757672-pt?Wire+Gauge=12+AWG

Go with at least 14awg but 12 if you can. 

I’ve found most 97+ XJ body/lamp harness connectors are Apex 2.8 series

IMG_3321.jpeg

50 minutes ago, ghetdjc320 said:

Looked up the picture online. If this is the fan plug you have then here is the link to the connector and pins you need: https://www.customconnectorkits.com/products/54200206

Or if you want it to be a fully assembled pigtail:

https://www.customconnectorkits.com/products/10757672-pt?Wire+Gauge=12+AWG

Go with at least 14awg but 12 if you can. 

I’ve found most 97+ XJ body/lamp harness connectors are Apex 2.8 series

IMG_3321.jpeg

That's the little devil in question.  Mine doesn't have any of the locking features any longer, as some previous owner/repair person broke them off.  I don't like trusting a critical connector like this when it only uses friction to be retained, and it's facing downward where gravity is working on it all the time.

I will secure one of those Custom Connectors.   You are a hero.

Out of curiosity, HOW did you know that was a APEX?  I sort of searched around on the web, and didn't find that result.  (And I worked in the electronics industry as an engineer for 40 years, but not automotive stuff, so I have "some" knowledge of connectors.)

11 hours ago, AZJeff said:

That's the little devil in question.  Mine doesn't have any of the locking features any longer, as some previous owner/repair person broke them off.  I don't like trusting a critical connector like this when it only uses friction to be retained, and it's facing downward where gravity is working on it all the time.

I will secure one of those Custom Connectors.   You are a hero.

Out of curiosity, HOW did you know that was a APEX?  I sort of searched around on the web, and didn't find that result.  (And I worked in the electronics industry as an engineer for 40 years, but not automotive stuff, so I have "some" knowledge of connectors.)

I’ve been working on documenting all the different connectors and taking detailed pictures from XJ/MJ/YJ & TJs. Some are starting to become familiar like the apex series. Been trying to compile a master source with the actual connector manufacturer and model numbers since most of our rigs are going to need replacements or repairs sooner or later.

It seems that, once Chrysler was finally able to get away from AMC leftovers, they mostly moved to the Apex 2.8 connectors for the chassis. AMC was such a mixed bag of parts. Many Delphi/Aptive 150 series but there are so many more thrown in the mix. Seems like they would source a component from a company and would also have that supplier source the connector for them instead of specc’ing a specific connection type. Probably just further proof that AMC was going under. And they were getting suppliers from all over the globe.