Help, no power at all. Electical issue.

Hello, greetings from Sweden. 

I bought an old Comanche Laredo 88 which has been standing in a shed for 10+ years. I've done some replacements and so forth.

Issue at hand: I raplaced ignition coils, spark plugs and took a test run. I parked it in my garage and a couple of days later I tried to start the car and there's no power at all. No power comes to the dashboard, starter or anything. Its completely dead. 

I've replaced + and - cables from the batteri, changed battery. And when I short the starter the starter runs.  

I'm not an expert mechanic and can't find the issue. Anyone been through something similar who knows which fuses to check and so forth? 
I'm terrible at reading electicral schematics but I'll do my best. I got a few tips to check the ignition switch? 

As the above poster asks, what motor is in the truck? And you might have better input if you include year, engine, transmission in your sig so we can quick reference your model. 

And to clarify, are you stating that when you short the starter it itself cranks, but the motor does not turn over? 

Also, if you have not done so, please take the time to look at Cruiser54's Mostly Renix tips, particularly the grounds and other electrical tips. 

My bad. Its a 4.0L Automatic gearbox. 1988 Laredo. 

I just got the bright idea to check the Light switch for the headlights. That round pull thing. It worked. But nothing from the ignition switch works. Like radio, panels or windows etc. 

Using a voltmeter or 12vdc testlight (preferred) check for Battery_Voltage_(B+) on the following pins (use battery_negative terminal for ground):
D1_5:  B+ (Hot at all times)
D1_6:  At KEY ON only (B+ (Hot for 2-3 seconds)). During CRANK Hot at all times.
D2_4:  B+ (Hot during KEY ON and Hot during CRANK).

D1_D2.jpg.6a80c3f7836373dcaeefc968569a8d65.jpg

• 1 month later...