PSA Don't put your taillights in the dishwasher!

PSA!  Don't put your original tail lights in the dishwasher.  They will turn out cloudy afterwards!

Okay, I know.  WTF would you want to put your tail lights in the dishwasher?  Hear me out!  For those that don't know I'm moving to New Zealand at the end of May and the shippers are coming for my stuff mid April.  Customs are super stringent for Australia and New Zealand when it comes to dirt and other biologic materials.  Spare car parts are allowed to go in my household goods shipment provided they are clean and have no dirt on them.  I don't have time to scrub everything so small parts that aren't greasy just dirty have been going in the dishwasher.  It's been working great for a lot of things.  I've even washed the milk crates where I've stored parts in the dishwasher.  Just not so much with the tail lights.

Since I'll be so far from the supply chain after I put my key parts ones on the truck I figured I'd wash my originals and and pack them up as spares.  Oh well...

IMG_2337.jpeg

16 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Try having the lenses soak in vinegar. Vinegar has helped clear the fog off of glass cups, I’d give it a try on those. 

At this point it can't hurt.  I hope there is still some under the sink.  I'm trying to buy as little consumables as possible right now.