Idle/Stalling Issue Troubleshooting - Distributor Question

My jeep is an 89 2.5 TBI. It wants to stall real bad on start up and the problem has gotten worse to the point where it’s undriveable. So far, as per forum suggestion I have:

Cleaned throttle body

Replaced and adjusted IAC

Fixed every vacuum leak I could find

Tightened intake manifold bolts past factory torque spec

Replaced O2 sensor

I have a new TPS in the mail, will be putting it in tomorrow. I’m thinking about the distributor/new plugs (although the plugs look fine) but can‘t seem to find a distributor for my year and engine. Will a distributor for a 91 cherokee work? Does anyone have part number for an 89 2.5?

Thanks in advance.

9 minutes ago, Norton said:

Replaced and adjusted IAC

We don’t have an IAC. We have an ISA that’s in front of the throttle body that requires specific adjustment procedure than the 4.0L IAC. 

I can get you a part number for the distributor this evening. I don’t think it’s similar to the HO years. 

9 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

We don’t have an IAC. We have an ISA that’s in front of the throttle body that requires specific adjustment procedure than the 4.0L IAC. 

I can get you a part number for the distributor this evening. I don’t think it’s similar to the HO years. 

Right yeah meant ISA. I have it set up such that it gently makes contact with the throttle arm. For a few months it worked fine this way. Can you point me in the right direction for setting it up properly?

This hose has also been broken since purchase but hasn’t been an issue. Looks like it runs from the valve cover to the intake but I’m having trouble finding the name so that I can replace it.

IMG_0493.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Norton said:

Right yeah meant ISA. I have it set up such that it gently makes contact with the throttle arm. For a few months it worked fine this way. Can you point me in the right direction for setting it up properly?

Straight from the 2.5L AMC TBI book

As for the other part, I would get a hose that will fit snuggly over that and join the two pieces together. You will need that together or you will end up with a high idle after the ISA adjustment. The ISA bolt is supposed to make contact with the throttle plate, the ECU uses the ISA to adjust the idle speed.