Busted LCD clocks

Anyone know what to do with these clocks? I have a few of these clocks, the circuitry works but the LCDs are bleeding or have bled. Been tossing around the idea of sourcing just new internals and putting them in but haven’t really dig deep enough to find anything. 

I also thought that maybe they would be good candidates for the REMs to have a cleaner, less 3D printed look to them but that might be more demanding of modifications. But there’s that idea if anyone has a clock REM and is interested in the look that would come closer to the factory look. 

Custom LCD segment displays can be produced via a contract manufacturer:

Granted, I doubt that needs to be done here. I can imagine AMC used whatever was inexpensive and plentiful to get a hold of when they had the clocks produced.

I have not yet had the time to look at and analyze the broken clocks I got from you, but whenever I do, I'll let you know :D

Best case scenario, a similar sized transflective 7-segment tft LCD can be found and utilized.

7 hours ago, Salvagedcircuit said:

AMC used whatever was inexpensive and plentiful to get a hold of when they had the clocks produced.

AMC used the quartz ones. Chrysler used these cheap LCD ones. 

7 hours ago, Salvagedcircuit said:

have not yet had the time to look at and analyze the broken clocks I got from you, but whenever I do, I'll let you know :D

I forgot I sent you the ones I had. So I really just have one in my possession hahaha.