Super lightweight carbon fiber roof top tent

Htchevyii

Inspired Overland just revealed a new lightweight carbon fiber wedge style roof top tent at SEMA. They are having a SEMA preorder sale, so I ordered one. My long term goal is some sort of enclosed shell with an easier to deploy tent, so this fits the bill. It's only 80 LBS and only 4" tall when folded, so it should be easier to move between vehicles as well as reducing weight and improving areodynamics. 😂 It uses an air mattress, so I hope that will not be an issue. I'll post a full review at some point in the future.

https://inspiredoverland.com/Screenshot_20231102-132555.png.f2f86f18128dba5745a56817993ac702.png

Screenshot_20231104-084030~2.png

Screenshot_20231104-085040~2.png

I  received an email from my wife with the picture above with the wedge tent on the MJ, so I took that as permission to order. I will say that the old Smittybilt has performed well and makes a comfortable place to sleep. The biggest downside is that the rain fly makes a flapping sound in wind, making sleep difficult, even with ear plugs. The wedge is less roomy, but I hear if you are able to orientate the wedge towards the wind, it helps a lot. We shall see.

It's actually really cheap as far as hard shell RTT's go, some are $4-5K! The beauty of this one is the low profile and light weight. We have the MJ, an XJ and a truck with a shell, so the tent could easily be swapped between vehicles.