1988 Comanche "Frankenjruck"

10 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

Those patches look like they’re placed right over the rust. I’d say cut it all out and start over. Your floor braces look salvageable if you’re careful cutting out the previous hacks… I mean previous patches. 

I'm definitely leaning towards this, the patches aren't the greatest and it doesn't look like any prep work was done for the paint at least, you might assume the same for the welds.

10 hours ago, Salvagedcircuit said:

Are the patches welded in or bonded? its hard to tell from the photos. I found wire wheeling helped a lot to determine the floor panel strength. It opened up all the floor pan pin holes.

Welded. I'll wire wheel them a bit to check them further.

1 hour ago, The86manche said:

I would try cleaning up the floors some more. It looks saveable. Like there was only one patch done towards the rear. Maybe remove the braces and clean everything up underneath and such. Get a better assessment of the floors

I'll definitely try to clean them up a bit before I pull the trigger on new pans. There are 4 patches on each side, 8 total. Roughly half of each pan was patched.

1 hour ago, H3ADBANG4L1F3 said:

I'm definitely leaning towards this, the patches aren't the greatest and it doesn't look like any prep work was done for the paint at least, you might assume the same for the welds.

Yeah, the lack of paint prep and the fact that the patches were welded over the spot welds of the floor braces tell me everything I would need to know, but we also know how things like that can spiral.