1988 Comanche Project

Hello, I'm new to this forum and l'm new to cars in general. And I just got a 1988 Comanche 4.0L from one of my family members. I've always wanted a project car and I'm really excited about this one. I have no idea what I need to do to it anymore. The car runs great and it has about 200,000 miles on it. The last time I think it was serviced was 2016. So far I've changed the headlights to LEDs and took out he seats so I can clean the carpet. I don't know what else I need to do other than mods. Tomorrow I was planning on cleaning the interior and putting in new speakers and changing the spark plugs I've just been learning off YouTube so far. The key hole for turning on the car doesn't need a key to start and I have no idea how to fix that, also the blinkers get stuck and it's loose also the needle for the speedometer is wobbly till you hit about 40mph. Can someone point me in the right direction? Here's a couple of pictures. (Some were before I started working on it)

IMG_4244.jpeg

IMG_4166.jpeg

IMG_4163.jpeg

IMG_4162.jpeg

IMG_4159.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Welcome to the Comanche Club :L:. Good choice for a project car. Plenty of information for you on here. I’m always learning new things from members here. Be sure to ask any questions that you need help with. The members on here are always here to answer your questions and eager to help. We look forward to seeing what you are planning for the truck, so update us often.