My Newmanche

This weekend I picked up an 86 Long Box 4x4 with a 2.8L Engine Delete.  Nice, that saves me the hassle of getting rid of that thing.  It's got some damage to pass side of the bed. The front axle appears to be from a ZJ.  Rear is a D35. It also has what appears to be a Rancho 4 inch lift, with super cush springs up front and RS5000's in the rear. I questioned some if it had been a metric ton version, but PO didn't know a lot about the axles.  No matter, since my 88 is straighter and getting a fairly mild build; this one will get the gonzo treatment.

The TF904 trans appears to be in decent shape, and holds Park well.  But due to it's compactness and available power on tap; I will likely look at an LS power plant with associated (Chevy) trans.

The rest will likely be big junkyard axles, big tires, blah, blah blah.

The SUPER exciting part is that this one HAS a headliner.  It's in sad shape, but hopefully I can make a mold from it, and then whip[ out a couple fiberglass clones to put back in this and my 88.  Hmmm, actually a carbon fiber version might look kind of cool.

Oh yeah, I also managed to secure a rebuilt 231 case with SYE the same day for $200!  Dude decided he wanted an iron doubler case for his wrangler build.

on trailer.jpg

engine bay.jpg

interior.jpg

dash.jpg

bed damage.jpg

front axle.jpg

tcase.jpg