project "back in black"

Well been adding parts here and there....

Finally came up with a way to make my double booster work...

I thought about this for a while now and this is what I came up with.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

I chucked a 3" piece of 3/4 round stock in the lath and bored a 3/8 hole through the whole length... Then swapped bits to 1/2 and went in 1.5 on one side. Cut my old single boosters rod a lil less then 9/16 starting from the round part and measured the new double boosters rod and cut it where it would butt up to the old rod and be the same original length...

I had to press the old rod into the sleeve to make it butt up against the 3/8's hole and threw it in the vice on the drill press, center punched me three spots on the sleeve. One going thru the old rod and two going thru the new. Drilled one hole thru the sleeve and old rod... I had it set up in a way that I could then slide the new boosters rod, still in the booster, into the other side of the sleeve and drilled the other two holes. Those holes were 3/32 for a few roll pins that got pressed in holding everything together.

Finished it all up by using a belt sander to take all the edges and any exposed roll pins off.

And this is what they pay me for at work!!!!! jamminz.gif I love being the intern sometimes!!!!!!! :brows: