GLXJ Winter Wheeling Fest - February 16th @ Haspin Acres

winterfest08.jpg

GLXJ is hosting it's 2nd Annual Winter Wheeling Fest on Saturday Feb. 16th at Haspin Acres in Laurel Indiana.

ALL JEEPS ARE WELCOME!!!

Admission to Haspin Acres is $15 per person. In addition, each person must make a one time purchase of a "Liability Waiver Card" for $1 that is good for 1 year from day purchased. Entry fee allows you to be at the park until 9am the next morning. You can visit Haspin Acres website at www.haspinacres.com

Flags are not required, but if you want to run one your more than welcome to. Also PLEASE have some sort of recovery (either front tow hooks, or rear hitch). Also please bring a tow strap (no hooks, looped both ends).

We are planning on meeting at the gate/staging area at 10:00 AM.

If you plan on attending please let us know for sure so I can get a head count. I will also note that this is open to supporting members as well as non-supporting members. However thier will be several giveaways at this event of items for supporting members only. The giveaways are well worth your member fee's. Additionally, ANY JEEP's ARE ALLOWED TO WHEEL WITH US (even if not a XJ or MJ).

This event is made possible by our sponsors. Be sure to check them out 1st if your looking for a new product or service.

For more updates please visit the thread located on our forum by clicking here: http://greatlakesxj.activeboard.com/for ... D=14662424

Hope to see you there!

Adam Hanson

GLXJ President

www.GreatLakesXJ.com

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well of course we picked the nicest day in the winter, thus meaning that all the MUD was not frozen anymore. So it was a looonnggg day of wheeling.

Overall we had a great time. Only a few major dents, a busted rear window, and some dirty interiors among everyone who attended. We had 10 rigs in total show up; 2 of which were MJ's. Guys from IN, OH, MI, and KY showed up. :brows:

My wife (dogwonk) is usually with me and is the one taking all the pics and video's. However since she's 7.5 months preggy she did not make this trip; thus I did not get a lot of quality pics or video.

However I used what I had and did make a GLXJ video of this event. It's nothing special but non the less here it is.

I have a high-res version you can download and view (please right-click and "save as" to help save bandwidth), and a low-res version you can watch on JeepTV.com.

Hi-Res: http://www.greatlakesxj.com/events/Wint ... erFest.wmv

Low-Res: http://jeeptv.com/video/4442

I'll post up some pics later. For those of you who are GLXJ members you can see more pics and vids under the "wheeling section" on the forum.